Cornerstone Kids Ministry
In September 2014 the children’s ministry started fresh with a curriculum entitled The Gospel Project for Kids. The Gospel Project is a three-year chronological study of Scripture. Each week’s study builds upon the previous week to help kids discover the big picture of God’s story. This curriculum is taught from age 1 through 5th grade.
In the preschool classrooms, children engage in a lesson, crafts, games, singing, and a snack. The elementary children participate in learning a key verse (one verse per Unit), watch a video about the lesson, interact with the host about the bible story, & have time for prayer. The classroom teacher and helper(s) reteach the story, guide the children through a craft, and play games, all in an effort to reinforce the lesson. If you are new to Cornerstone Church we invite you to sit in with your kids during service. You can also check this link out for more details on our curriculum
Cornerstone Kids Mission Statement
Cornerstone Kids Ministry exists to assist families by creating environments where parents and children can grow in their understanding of the character of God and in their love for Jesus Christ.
Cornerstone Kids Ministry Philosophy
We believe that God has given parents, not the church, the primary joy and responsibility of shepherding and instructing their children. While God has given this primary responsibility to parents, we believe that He has tasked the church with the responsibility of assisting parents in this process. Thus, we want to work alongside parents and families by teaching both parents and children to love and fear God.(Deut 6:4-9; Ps 78:1-7; Proverbs 22:6; Prov 1:8-9; Eph 6:4)
During our Sunday morning service, we invite your children to partcipate in KidZone.
- To provide a safe, secure and loving environment for children where parents feel comfortable leaving their child.
- To help children feel a warm sense of belonging to their church family and to ensure each child feels welcomed and loved and unique.
- To help each child understand that God is real and that a personal relationship with him gives meaning to life.
- To aid each child in accepting Jesus Christ and developing a dynamic relationship with him.
- To help each child understand that God’s Word is relevant and growth in bible knowledge results in positive life changes in attitudes, actions and life-style.
- To help each child grow in relationship to other believers and with unchurched friends.
- To provide children with the opportunity to participate in worship and ministry.
- To support families in their responsibility for the spiritual nurture and growth of their child.
- To provide godly men and women who are adequately trained to serve as positive role models as they minister with children.
- To provide life changing education for our children by utilizing quality resources and continually training and encouraging our ministry teams.
If you have any questions or would like to learn how to become involved in KidZone please contact Ashley Maldonado at